Crime victims often need practical and emotional support after surviving scary criminal acts. Events like the annual “Evening of Empowerment” help to restore some sense of normalcy and hope to survivors. You can help too by giving common household items to the Plano Police Department’s Victim Services Donation Drive now through Monday, April 24.
Now in its 10th year, Evening of Empowerment equips crime victims to move forward with their lives, while providing a brief escape from their current situations. Household items, professional clothing, legal advice, make-up and hair sessions are just some of what the program provides.
Useful donations include:
- Cleaning products – Clorox Wipes, 409, Windex, toilet cleanser, dish soap, sponges
- Bleach, fabric softener/dryer sheets, detergent**
- Shampoo and conditioner (for all hair types)
- Body wash, soap (liquid or bar)
- Feminine products, hand sanitizer
- Toothpaste and toothbrushes
- Deodorant, hand soap
- Pull-ups, diapers, wipes, baby food/formula
**Please note the detergent should be sized to carry.
Bring donations to these drop sites by April 24:
- Victim Services, Plano Police Headquarters
909 14th Street
- Municipal Center, lobby box near the elevator
1520 K Avenue
Support National Crime Victims’ Rights Week (April 23-29) – give to Evening of Empowerment. For more information, please contact Victim Services at 972-941-2680.