Unauthorized people are not allowed beyond the first and second floors of the Municipal Center without visiting the Information Center (formerly the Action Center) desk first. This means only Team Plano employees and contractors with official City of Plano I.D. badge can freely move about the facility.
A recent incident at Municipal Center makes this reminder necessary.
Please remember, our current safety protocols:
- ALL guests needing access to the 3rd floor or lower-level MUST check-in at the Municipal Center Information Center desk.
- Employees MUST meet guests needing access to the 3rd floor or lower-level at the lobby desk and escort them to destinations.
- No “unaccompanied” visitors are allowed on the third floor or lower-level. Let guests know our safety guidelines in advance.
- City I.D. badges are required to take the Municipal Center elevator to the third floor and lower-level – even the restrooms, after hours.
- The first and second floor elevators have public access, but require I.D. badges at suite doors.
- Staff only entrances require badge access. The four public entrances are identified by number and location as follows:
- Entrance 1: entry with revolving door that leads to main lobby and elevators
- Entrance 2: entry with two sets of double doors across from Building Inspections
- Entrance 3: entry from K Avenue on west side, adjacent to Council Chambers
- Entrance 4: entry from north side (with parking lot), adjacent to Council Chambers
Remember you are our first line of defense. It’s up to all of us to keep everyone safe. For an example, say you’re on the elevator and you hear a visitor say, “Hold the door, please!” Under our current guidelines, that visitor must be respectfully directed to the Information Center for help.
If you encounter a lost guest in the building, find out where they need to be. If the visitor is on a badge-access only floor without an escort, please take them back to the first floor to the Information Center for help.
Always wear your employee badge while at work, no matter which City facility you work in. Contact Human Resources at IDbadges@plano.gov immediately if you have a lost or damaged badge.